Ü Keramik, or Üebelacker Keramik, was founded in 1909 by the tin maker Johann Üebelacker. It was based in Ransbach Baumbach. Initially it did not include pottery and was exclusively a metal foundry. It later started to produce ceramics.
Much of the output was exported to Scandinavia and Austria.
Heinz Hommerich (arts director) developed a fire red glaze in 1954 and this was the first mass produced glaze in Germany. The glaze contained the toxic chemical Selenium.
The company went bankrupt in 1990.